Bristol Airport Special Assistance and Disabled Facilities
Special Assistance Facilities at Bristol Airport
Bristol International Airport is completely accomodating to special assistance passengers. With special facilities, parking assistance and mobility aids, you and your passengers are sure to have a smooth experience.
- Pre-book special assistance with the OCS reception desk, opposite Ritazza in departures. This will help you check any pre-booked services and inform the airline of any special requirements you have.
- Special Assistance Parking available with allocated spaces. Check out Bristol Airport Parking and what aids are in place to help you. They have Blue Badge Bays near to the terminal, special assistance drop off and pick up, and discounts on short stay parking to help you assist your friends or family members.
- Accessible toilet facilities throughout terminal. See the Main Terminal information to know exactly where to go.
- Lifts to upper levels
- Changing Places facility on the Arrivals Concourse includes an assistance toilet, more space, adult sized changing bench and tracking hoist system.
- Low level public telephones
- Wheelchair accessible spaces
- Hampton by Hilton hotel, the nearest hotel to the airport terminal, includes several wheelchair accessible rooms with spacious and special asssitance bathrooms. See more about local hotels with our hotels guide.
Tips for Disabled Air Passengers
You should compare the arrangements offered by different airlines before making your booking and be sure to check whether the cost of any special assistance is included in the price of your ticket.
Inform your airline of your particular needs in good time and check the policy of your airline if you wish to remain in your own wheelchair to the aircraft door rather than transfer to an airline wheelchair at check-in.
Remember that there are often long walking distances within airports and that this may cause you to require assistance. Pre-arranging any necessary assistance will ensure that it’s available and that no time is lost in waiting for it to be arranged once you arrive at the airport.
Hidden Disability Assistance Cards
In accordance with OCS Group and other Autism and Dementia charities, Bristol Airport have created a new initiative which provides “hidden disability assistance cards” to those passengers who need them within the airport.
Since March 2017, the card allows people with hidden disabilities to use the plastic card, the same size as a credit card, to discreetly highlight any special assistance needed throughout the airport to staff. All customer-facing staff have been given full training and have been put through an awareness programme in order to prepare them fully for correctly handling passengers needs with regards to the hidden disability card.